Hiking in a magnificent landscape
The natural environment of Hyvärilä is an experience in and of itself. You can enjoy the surroundings by hiking, trekking or bicycling and stop to cook something to eat over an open fire. Please contact the reception for maps.
- Hyvärilä rents out gearless road bicycles suitable for the local terrain. We have a total of 16 bicycles.
- Hyvärilä rents out canoes that can accommodate 2 to 3 people. We have 8 canoes that seat 3 people, and 2 canoes that seat 2 people. We also have 4 rowing boats that seat 3 people.
- Tentsile. Experience nature by spending a night in a tree tent. We rent Tentsile tents for overnight stays and daytime use. A Tentsile tent can accommodate 1–3 people and has a capacity of 400 kg. It is easy and quick to set up and does not leave marks in nature. €75/day, €100/2 days, €175/7days, including a Tentsile tent and storage bags
- SUP boards – see Lake Pielinen on water. If you want to see Lake Pielinen on water, you can rent a SUP board from Hyvärilä and enjoy an excursion on your own. €20/h, €30/2 h, €40/3 h, €50/day, the rates include a board, paddle and life vest.
Sports, parkour and street workout park
A Sports, parkour and street workout park has been opened in the waterfront area in Hyvärilä. The sports park is open to the public and offers plenty of activities for all ages and levels of fitness and for anyone interested in exercise! The sports park includes a playground for children, complete with suitable equipment.
What else to do in Hyvärilä?
- Hyrlinki. Hyrlinki means curling in the Hyvärilä way! This a great game for the whole family. You can play Hyrlinki regardless of the season! Price: €2/hour.
- Geocaching. There are plenty of geocaches in the area surrounding Hyvärilä for treasure hunters of all levels.
- The Hyvärilä Game Arena is located close to the beach. This outdoor arena is a great venue for basketball, floorball, badminton and handball, etc. €2/h, including equipment
- Beach volley. The Hyvärilä complex includes 6 beach volley courts. You can rent beach volley balls at the reception.
- Disc golf course. The Hyvärilä complex includes a 18-hole disc golf course located partly in open terrain and partly in the forest. You can rent discs for €2/person (the price includes two discs, for short and long distances). The use of the course is free of charge.
The map of the course is available at the Hotel reception.
- PielisAreena. PielisAreena is a sports and multipurpose venue suitable for all kinds of exercise, training, culture, business and other events. Gym and bouldering room.
Hyvärilä – Youth and Holiday Centre
Lomatie 12, 75500 Nurmes
Bookings and reception:
tel.+358 40 104 5960